Sunday, October 23, 2016

How to scare people

Poe, man

So, I don't usually post stuff about writing on this blog, because that's not really what it's about. But given the fact that a lot of readers are also writers, I thought I'd make an exception. Plus, it's Halloween. Plus, I found this article REALLY helpful.

Writing scary stories can be hard (how do you Poe), but when you manage it, it's perfection. I love scary stories, and I always get the urge to write one once October rolls around, but writing a story that's actually scary is really tricky, and I always worry that my stories fall flat on the scare factor.

So here's some advice for you writers of the macabre:

http://firewords.co.uk/blog/2016/10/19/8-quick-tips-how-to-scare-your-reader



Happy haunting!


Until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment