Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lots of Craziness in the Amazon

Mutation

20578926 

Title: Mutation
Author: Roland Smith
Series: Marty and Grace / Cryptid Hunters
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: September 30 2014
Source: Netgalley
Purchase: pre-order only

Goodreads Summary:
Monsters of legend come to life! The final thrilling title in Roland Smith's popular series.

Marty and his best friend, Luther, have managed to rescue Marty's cousin Grace from the clutches of the nefarious pseudo-naturalist Noah Blackwood, but their most dangerous mission lies ahead of them. Marty's parents have been missing in Brazil for months and their trail has all but run cold. With time running out, Marty and the Cryptos Island crew race off for Brazil -- where they discover that Noah Blackwood has twisted the natural order of things beyond their wildest, most terrifying dreams.

My Thoughts:
This book was great. I loved every moment of it. It was fast paced and just fantastic. I loved the characters and the great twists that came up throughout the novel. I would expect no less from the conclusion to such a great series. The technology in this book was awesome, and it was highly suspenceful - and answered every question you could ave possibly had about the series. So, moving on to - 




***SPOILERS***

  
So, dinosaurs. Also jungle men. Crazy cryptids, and of course all your favorite characters. This book as I have already said, was phenominal, but sometimes quite unbelievable. However, what's the point of reading fiction if you want it to be realistic? So I really loved all the technology and awesomeness that was related with Ted. Another thing I really liked was the boy trio - Marty, Luther, and Dylan - they were great. I thought they acted like real teenage boys - none of that sophisticated stuff. :) I thought the thing at the end with clones was very interesting - and it explained a lot. In fact the last few chapters pretty much explained every question I ever had about the story. 
So, I guess really that's all I have to say - it was a hilarious and wonderful journey, and I'm sad it's ended. Hats off to Smith.

Rating:
 
 Recommendations: I would recommend this book to anyone who likes middle grade fiction, or adventure stories. This series was very unique and can appeal to every age - I'm 20 and I loved it, and I know women into their forties who loved it - basically it's a fantastic book and I recommend it to anyone who loves to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment