Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time of year again. Or rather, the end of that year and the beginning of a new one. We stay up until midnight and then go to bed. We light fireworks and bang pots and pans. We watch the ball drop (just kidding - I've never done that and I bet you probably haven't either). We make resolutions.
We make resolutions that we completely forget about once February hits (if, indeed, our resolutions last until February). Then New Year's rolls around again and we make more resolutions we know we won't carry out. So what's the point?

My New Year's resolution for 2015 is to make only resolutions that I can in no way fulfill - even if I manage to remember them past February. For inspiration, I've drawn on my blog posts of 2014. I hope my list inspires you to make your own resolutions that you won't carry out. Good luck.




1. Go to Narnia.


















2. Free the unicorns.











3. Persuade Tolkien to finish The Fall of Arthur.





4. Time travel to the age of the dinosaurs.





5. Find this landscape.











6. Overthrow the monarchy.














7. Figure out how to format these posts correctly.

Happy New Year. Here's to lots of happy reading in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment